Monday, July 25, 2011

Losing a member of your Dream Team :(

When I left off on Monday July 11th that the release of my debut album Actress was simply "hours aways", I had no idea that what was really hours away was the loss of my most pivotal member of my "dream team".

I had looked for approximately 10 years to find someone in the entertainment industry who was as excited about my career & believed in the success of my career as much as me.  Once I found him, I lost him.  His name was David Carr & he became not only my Hero in the short time(approximately 2 years) that I knew him, but he became my most valued asset.

He died suddenly on July 12th.  I was waiting for him to call me back & we had made plans to get together not only to sign final paperwork re: my album, etc., but we were going to celebrate.  David had said to me, "there is so much to celebrate now & what is right around the corner in the future."  I had called him twice that day & sent him two emails to no avail.  Needless to say, I got a phone call informing me of the tragedy late that night.

It made me realize how important it is to tell everyone that you worship, respect, & adore how much you truly love them everytime you communicate with them & as much as possible, because you never know when they might be taken from you unexpectedly.

After 18 months of recording approximately 50 songs on 4 different projects/groups, & all the blood, pain, & literal death that occured, 12 songs have been blessed to see the light of day.  And, I dedicated the album to David, but I was not able to locate the dedication in the liner notes online, however it is there, somewhere.-- "I dedicate this album in loving memory to David Carr.  You will always be my "rainbow"."

Please show your support & download my debut album today now available on iTunes-
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/actress/id452706229

Do it for me, do it for David.  He wanted nothing more than for this album to come out & it was this very release that he was working so hard on when he passed.  I love you David, & I miss you every day. :(

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment